In order to determine your slow internet connection or get to know whether you are having the problem in the first place, you need to know some of the causes. Therefore, if you have a complicated problem or want to get the real matter, you can have a look with the following potential causes:
- Network Interference:
- Anything might be interfering with the network. For example: additional abnormal signals, radio frequencies etc. Thus, if you remove or turn off these devices and found that your internet speed have picks up, then you found the culprit.
2. Inadequate Equipment:
- You should know how old is your equipment, and is it capable for handling your internet plan. You have to ensure that you check both of your modem and router or any other devices you use.
3. Poor Equipment Placement:
- Sometimes, your equipment might be working just fine, but it is just in a place where the signal cannot be transmitted or delivered easily.
4. Background Programs:
- You may have many programs or apps running in the background sometimes, therefore it may eating up the bandwidth without you even knowing. So, you might need to turn off some and check is your internet speed have getting faster.
5. Network Outage or Overuse:
- There might be a circumstance causes outside, such as storm, heavy wind, traffic accident etc. These could damage or down the lines, which cause internet problem, either internet connection down or slowdown.